Saturday, March 3, 2012

All things Supernatural

So for the past couple of days, since my husband fixed our Netflix account, I have been catching up on my shows. I was able to finish one series and start another. Both are about supernatural creatures which is a huge interest of mine so you could say I very easily fell in love with both shows. The first is Rosario + Vampire and the second is Supernatural.

Rosario + Vampire: Alright so this anime is extremely cheesy. I mean, I was embarrassed watching parts of it. There are two seasons that I know of, I don't know if they have created any more. It was alright storyline wise, and fell flat in a couple of major areas. There was no closure to the series, you don't know who the guy ends up with. You have an idea but you never fully know. It would be interesting to read the manga and see how close the two are. I would give it three stars because I have seen much better anime than that one.

Supernatural: So this is an amazing show, I don't know why I didn't watch it sooner. I still remember being in high school and one of my really good friends always talked about it and I just never watched it but I should have. I am not even half way through season one and I just keep hitting the next button. It is very creepy though. I believe in the supernatural so watching the show sends chills down my spine and I will admit I had trouble falling asleep. The last one I saw before bed last night was the one about the hooked man. There is nothing too freaky in the graphics, in all in the story-lines which are fairly well developed although the show is really quite predictable. That does not, however, take away from the amazing essence that is the show. I will keep up to date about each season but so far I just have to say I am loving season one. I can't figure out what happened to the mom and girlfriend but I think its just something that is connected to their family maybe. It will be interesting to learn the why's and how's of that part of the plot. And of course what happened to their father. So far my favorite episode is the one about the boy who drowned in the lake. I don't know why, but it just really hits home with me. Maybe because you see a little bit of Dean's sensitive side.

No comments:

Post a Comment